Saturday, September 10, 2011

I've had several really long days working all day from 6:30am till 6 or 7 and then spending time with either staff or students so I'm too tired right now to string together coherent and meaningful sentences. I think I'm gonna sleep in tomorrow (which is until 7:30am) because Sunday is the only day I get to sleep beyond 6:30. On other days I need to start breakfast at 6:30. It has been very physically exhausting but I am very happy and content. However, I do wish that I could spend more time with God. I wanted to upload more pictures but after 1 hour on the internet, here are the only few pictures that I was able to upload.


This is a picture of the 4 mentors and 2 cooks at Opal Lake. We hiked up to this beautiful place. Hiking in itself is challenging for me. Hiking at about 7000 above sea level to about 8000? above sea level is another class of its own. I was panting the whole way, but when I got to the lake it was totally worth it and I was happy to just be able to enjoy what God has made. Jeremy (third from left) decided to climb a tree and Koert (further left) went running around the lake. Several minutes later, we heard Koert shout from across the lake "Hey guys I think I broke my ankle." Turns out he didn't break his ankle but did severe all his tendons. He is now in a cast and his ankles are swollen. Please do pray for a quick and miraculous  recovery for Koert. 


This is my OWN private bathroom. Just a bathroom, I know...but it is a really nice bathroom :)

This is my little hideout. The nice thing about it is that it is facing the mountains and I can see the sunrise from my bed, and also that it is tucked away from everyone else so when I need some time out I just go into my little hideout and recollect. I'm very thankful for this room. 
That's the view facing the lodge. 
Left side is the main lodge where the kitchen, dining hall, boys dormitory, male mentor's rooms and my room is. Don't worry my room is tucked away close to the kitchen and the boys can't go there so I am safe :) Left building is the Echo Canyon where the other female staff, girl's rooms and classroom is located. 

And that's Dustin, the Summit Semester Director, playing with his eldest son Rafferty. He and his wife Ruthann also have another daughter who is 4 months old. Rafferty is a real sweetheart and brings me a lot of joy. It helps me deal better with missing all the kids at Maranatha and Stadium Village (oh boy do I miss those kids!!) 

That is all for now. Please do pray for the safety and health of all the students and especially the staff. 

4 comments:

  1. Nice! Thx for posting the pictures and updating. Sounds like you're really busy, but hopefully you'll settle into a nice routine. :) Your room looks nice, and it must be nice having your bathroom all to yourself. Nice that you can see the sunrise from your bed (although I prefer not to be blinded by sunlight in the morning, ha ha). And I like how you guys lined up in order of height for your group pictures. That's all. Look forward to reading more updates later! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should post about what you're cooking and how that's going too when you have time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Seems that you are having a wonderful time! Enjoy it! I have been thinking about you lots. Thanks for posting the pictures, they are fun to see!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great to see your set up. Miss you a lot lil sis! I really enjoyed catching up on your blog. You sure have some anointed stuff in there. You are very good at communicating God's faithful love when you sit down and put some time into it.

    ReplyDelete